BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Grammatica latina]; [manuscript].
- [Grammatica latina] [manuscript].
- Treatise on Latin grammar, based on the teachings of Aristotle. Such a work is typical of medieval and Renaissance education theory, which combined topics like logic and rhetoric as well as syntax and grammar under the label of grammatica.
- 38 leaves : paper; 205 x 145 (148 x 96) mm. bound to 211 x 153 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn181101459; (OCoLC)181101459; (PU)4226583-penndb-Voyager
- Sold by Luigi Celotti at auction at Sotheby's, 14 Mar. 1825, lot 256.; Sold in the collection of Richard Heber at auction by Evans (London), 10 Feb. 1836, lot 1358.; Sold in the collection of Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex (London, 1773-1843, engraved bookplate bearing coat-of-arms inside upper cover, with shelfmark VI. B. c. 7; engraved bookplate bearing the Maltese cross of the Order of Bath on the recto of the first flyleaf) at auction by Evans (London), 31 July 1844, lot 408.; Sold in the Boyle collection at auction by Stan. V. Henkels (Philadelphia), 17 Feb. 1930, lot 486.; Sold by William H. Allen (Philadelphia), 1965.
- [Germany], 1460.
- Latin language -- Grammar -- Early works to 1500.; Rhetoric, Ancient -- Study and teaching -- To 1500.; Latin language -- Rhetoric -- Early works to 1800.; Latin language -- Study and teaching -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Latin; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Petrus,; Celotti, Luigi,; Augustus Frederick,; Heber, Richard,; Aristotle.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 920
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts