BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Manuscript leaf from a prose version of the Tristan legend,; circa 1300.
- Manuscript leaf from a prose version of the Tristan legend, circa 1300.
- Parchment leaf with text on Tristan and Palamedes, written in France, circa 1300. Ruled in lead for 3 columns of 50 lines, written in Gothic script. With a damaged and possibly unfinished 12-line miniature of the king of Ireland and his knights, now with only outlines of figures, faint colors, and remnants of burnished gold ground; a 6-line initial with faint colors and remnants of burnished gold and an extension into the margin with a dragon's head and ivy leaves; 3 2-line initials alternating between red with blue penwork and faded blue with red penwork; and one rubric in red concerning the kings of Ireland and Estroite Marche. The leaf has trimmed corners and folded edges from use in a binding or as a pastedown, and some extremely blurred and faded text, wrinkles, and stains from water damage.
- 1 item (1 leaf) : parchment; 394 x 262 (298 x 219) mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn816369932; (OCoLC)816369932; (PU)5850828-penndb-Voyager
- In Middle French.
- Sold by Erik von Scherling (Leiden), prior to 1931 (listed in the index of Rotulus v. 1, 1931, as appearing in an earlier catalog no longer in print, item no. 421).
- Tristan (Legend).; Selections.; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/5850828
- Tristan (Legendary character) -- Romances.; Fragments.; Illuminations.; Romances (document genre); Manuscripts, French; 14th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Call Number:
- Misc Mss (Large) Box 2 Folder 25