This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
De re medicina [manuscript].
- De re medicina [manuscript].
- Medical compendium of or treatise on simples (medicines made from one component, mostly botanical), with notes on their preparation and properties, grouped by first letter, but not arranged alphabetically within each letter group. A list of the herbs starting with a given letter appears at the beginning of each letter section. Occasional marginal notes and corrections, often slightly trimmed.
- 74 leaves : parchment; 243 x 178 (195 x 128) mm. bound to 249 x 193 mm.
- Materia medica, Vegetable; Medicinal plants; Medicine; Medicine, Medieval.
- Call Number:
- LJS 437
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts