BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Ledger of Serantoni accounts]; [manuscript].
- [Ledger of Serantoni accounts] [manuscript].
- Ledger of accounts, debtors and creditors of Giuseppe Serantoni (referred to as cincagliere), a merchant specializing in the sale of luxury household and personal accessories, including textile products, semi-precious jewelry, glassware, miniatures, furs and ornaments. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit, the most important being the princess Violante Beatrix of Bavaria, wife of Ferdinando de' Medici; Lorenzo de' Medici; Alessandro Strozzi; Antonio Spinelli; Cosimo Venturi; Francesco Frescobaldi; Antonio Gherardi; Giovanbattista Ricci; Bernardo Rucellai; Luca Antonio Morandini; Giovanbattista Alamanni; and others. Most of the counterparts are members of the Florentine aristocracy or merchants themselves, who often purchased accessories from Serantoni and paid him at a later date, which resulted in debts. The items sold by Serantoni are all described in great detail, and the price for each item is also indicated.
- 176 leaves : paper; 269 x 202 mm. bound to 287 x 213 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn367633750; (OCoLC)367633750; (PU)4497264-penndb-Voyager
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1963.
- [Florence], 1714-1717.
- Accounting -- Italy -- 18th century.; Textile industry -- Italy -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Accounts.; Credit records.; Ledgers (account books); Manuscripts, Italian; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Serantoni, Giuseppe.; Violante Beatrix,; Medici, Lorenzo de'.
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1530
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts