BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Philopinacium; [manuscript] /; per Christianum Friedericum Anders.
- Philopinacium [manuscript] / per Christianum Friedericum Anders.
- Collection of inscriptions predominantly in Latin, with signatures of many individuals, followed by a collection of Latin quotations from classical authors (f. 220v-251v). The entries dated 1731 were collected in Zittau, and many seem to be associated with a gymasium and college there; the entries dated 1733 were added in Frankfurt an der Oder.
- 252 leaves : paper, col. ill.; 117 x 170 mm. bound to 124 x 171 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155930580; (OCoLC)155930580; (CStRLIN)PAUR06-B25; (PU)3989233-penndb-Voyager
- Latin, with a few inscriptions in Greek, French, English, German, and Cyrillic.
- Bookplate (f. 180v): Armorial, with a lion rampant holding a harp and with the motto Deo proximo.; Formerly part of the Bechstein collection (German philology), University of Pennsylvania Library (bookplate, inside upper cover).; Transferred to the Rare Book & Manuscript Library, 1962.
- Zittau, 1731, 1733.
- Autographs -- Collections.; Quotations, Latin.; Codices.; Autograph albums.; Alba amicorum.; Manuscripts, Latin; 18th century.; Manuscripts, German; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1046
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts