BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Praśnopaniṣadbhāṣya,; circa 1700-1850.
- Praśnopaniṣadbhāṣya, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise and commentary (bhāṣya) on the Praśnopaniṣad, a late Vedic work that addresses early concepts of the Self (ātman) and poses a series of questions (praśna) and answers between students and their teacher. In the process the work addresses and offers an interpretation of early social and ritual action. The commentary by Śaṅkarācārya runs parallel, above and below the root text, however, the commentary itself contains an introduction and conclusion before and after the root text.
- 1 item (39 leaves) : paper; 13 x 30 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn883242082; (OCoLC)883242082; (PU)6234373-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hinduism -- Examinations, questions, etc.; Self (Philosophy); Ātman.; Advaita.; Vedanta.; Hindu philosophy.; Philosophy, Indic.; Commentaries.; Treatises.; Dialogues.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts