BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Dits moraux des philosophes]; [manuscript];; Les commandemens de Seneque.
- [Dits moraux des philosophes] [manuscript]; Les commandemens de Seneque.
- French translation by Guillaume de Tignonville of the Latin translation of an 11th-century Arabic work containing aphorisms or maxims from genuine or spurious works of 22 philosophers and poets, including Hermetic maxims, followed by Jean Courtecuisse's French translation of a Latin work on the cardinal virtues by Martin of Braga but attributed to Seneca, printed in 1491.
- 100 leaves : parchment; 251 x 177 (175 x 115) mm. bound to 262 x 189 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155925553; (OCoLC)155925553; (CStRLIN)PAUR04-B34; (PU)3577606-penndb-Voyager
- Middle French.
- According to the 18th-century note (flyleaf v verso), signed "Muraire," the volume was sold "chez le Duc de la Valliere" in 1788 (Zacour-Hirsch).; Gift of Lessing J. Rosenwald, 1959.
- [France, 14--]
- Hermetic philosophers.; Philosophy -- Quotations, maxims, etc. -- Early works to 1800.; Cardinal virtues -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Aphorisms.; Maxims.; Manuscripts, French; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Guillaume,; Courtecuisse, Jean,; Seneca, Lucius Annaeus,; Martin,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 941
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts