BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Uttarajjhayaṇa,; circa 1650-1799
- Uttarajjhayaṇa, circa 1650-1799
- Manuscript is used for contemplation, consultation, and recitation and is a Jaina work in meter, containing sayings (sutta) attributed to the Jain founder Mahāvīra; text is especially sacred to the Śvetāmbara (the White clad, i.e., clothed in white garments) branch of the Jains.
- 1 item (89 leaves) : paper; 11 x 27 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn881504338; (OCoLC)881504338; (PU)6225531-penndb-Voyager
- In Prakrit; (Jaina Devanāgarī)
- Gift of Mr. N.N. Heeramaneck (f. 91v); name written as N.M. Heeramaneck, 724 Fifth Ave., New York, on manuscript wrapper.
- Jaina literature, Prakrit.; Śvetāmbara (Jaina sect); Jainism.; Treatises.; Poems.; Diagrams.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 17th century.; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Mahāvīra.; Heeramaneck, N.N.,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts