BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Lectures on chemistry; [manuscript] /; by Joseph Black, M.D.; Vol. V.
- Lectures on chemistry [manuscript] / by Joseph Black, M.D.; Vol. V.
- Fifth volume of a set of fair copies of lecture notes for Lectures 61-77, concerning air in alkaline substances, various categories of earths (such as clays and flints), and inflammable substances (including phosphorus, sulfur, oils, and bitumens). Lectures are written on recto sides only, with a few diagrams added on versos.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 261 leaves : paper; 188 x 110 (164 x 100) mm. bound to 192 x 124 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn746759608; (OCoLC)746759608; (PU)5028342-penndb-Voyager
- Appears in a McDowell & Stern (York, England) catalog, no. 17477, 1970s?; Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 1.; Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.; Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- [Scotland?, between 1770 and 1786?]
- Chemistry -- Early works to 1800.; Chemistry -- Study and teaching -- 18th century.; Codices.; Diagrams.; Lecture notes.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 170
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts