BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Vākyasudhā,; circa 1700-1850.
- Vākyasudhā, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation; contains a short philosophical synopsis highlighting the main teachings of Śaṅkarācārya. The work presents ideas about perception of the Self (ātman) and its relationship to consciousness and the manifestation of emotions, desires and the like. It draws from a wealth of interpretive writings on the Upaniṣads, illuminating such well known phrases as, You are that (tat tvam asi). The work is written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedanta school of philosophy.
- 1 item (3 leaves) : paper; 11 x 21 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn898497413; (OCoLC)898497413; (PU)6324299-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Self (Philosophy); Advaita.; Vedanta.; Hindu philosophy.; Philosophy, Indic.; Treatises.; Watermarks.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.