BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Libri animalium notata supra librum animalium Aristotelis; [manuscript].
- Libri animalium notata supra librum animalium Aristotelis [manuscript].
- Gatherings from an unidentified commentary on Michael Scot's translation of Aristotle's De animalibus, made from the Arabic in the 13th century and including Aristotle's Historia animalium, De partibus animalium, and De generatione animalium. The manuscript includes commentary on books 4-7 and 10-16, in each case quoting the opening words of the book under commentary. The order of the leaves of Book 12 is uncertain. The leaves now numbered f. 27 and 28 are probably part of the gathering with leaves now numbered f. 17-26, after f. 19.
- 52 leaves : parchment; 312 x 215 (252 x 164) mm. bound to 351 x 245 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn216916975; (OCoLC)216916975; (PU)4285986-penndb-Voyager
- Sold by Helmuth Domizlaff (Munich), 1962.
- [France, between 1300 and 1350]
- Zoology -- Pre-Linnean works.; Reproduction -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Commentaries.; Manuscripts, Latin; 14th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Personal Name:
- Aristotle.; Scot, Michael,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1146
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts