BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Viśveśvaradarśanādimahimā,; circa 1700-1850.
- Viśveśvaradarśanādimahimā, circa 1700-1850.
- Text celebrating and discussing the benefits of visiting the pilgrimage site called Viśveśvara in the Hindu sacred city of Varāṇasī (also Kāśī). The site hosts a significant manifestation of the deity Śiva, recognized throughout India, in the form of a liṅga, a cylindrical stone icon, the emblem of the deity. The text is compiled from purāṇic sources such as the Liṅgapurāṇa, Matsyapurāṇa, Kūrmapurāṇa, Brahmāṇḍapurāṇa, Skandapurāṇa (especially its Kāśīkhaṇḍa), Garuḍapurāṇa, and others. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Vārānasi (Uttar Pradesh, India)
- 1 item (22 leaves) : paper; 10 x 25 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn965826436; (OCoLC)965826436; (PU)7253610-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Lingas (Śaivism); Rites and ceremonies -- India.; Siva (Hindu deity); Pilgrims and pilgrimages -- India.; Hymns (documents); Treatises.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts