This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Jesuit miscellany]; [manuscript].
- [Jesuit miscellany] [manuscript].
- A collection of various printed and handwritten works on Jesuit rules and prayers. The opening manuscript sections contain summaries of the constitutions, rules, meditations, excerpts from Saint Bernard, exhortations, and an index of bulls and ordinances relating to the order. The summary of the constitutions contains sections on poverty, obedience, and other aspects of the Jesuit rules. The rules are addressed to priests, counselors, and attendants. The third work contains some sermons by Saint Bernard. The sixth deals mostly with penitents and confession. Section 8 contains various printed works, all on one side of the leaf only, with handwritten works on confession and mass, along with excerpts from Saint Bernard and the beatitudes, on the other sides. The Seys tratados muy devotos is printed, and consists of a sermon and 5 treatises, and a letter by Saint Bernard. Some catchwords are present on the lower right rectos throughout. Many of the pages bear either a cross on top or the Jesuit IHS topped with a cross.
- 171 leaves : paper; 140 x 85 mm. bound to 147 x 95 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn244575269; (OCoLC)244575269; (PU)4384422-penndb-Voyager
- Latin (f. 1r-56v), with some Spanish (f. 78r-169v) and sections of German.
- [Benelux countries?], 1567-1584.
- Monasticism and religious orders -- Rules -- Early works to 1800.; Meditations -- Early works to 1800.; Sermons, Latin -- Early works to 1800.; Sermons, Spanish -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Excerpts.; Sermons.; Hybrid books.; Manuscripts, Latin; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Maldonado, Juan de,; Borja, Francisco de,; Bernard,
- Corporate Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1254
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts