BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Del esta[tu]to Toledano, i çierta apologia; [manuscript].
- Del esta[tu]to Toledano, i çierta apologia [manuscript].
- Statement before a representative of the Inquisition recanting preaching and belief that the Toledo Statute, which concerned purity of bloodlines and prohibited the descendants of Jews and Muslims who converted to Catholicism from receiving the same privileges as descendants of non-converted Catholics, was a heresy.
- 72 leaves : paper; 213 x 146-150 (192 x 112) mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn892983426; (OCoLC)892983426; (PU)6283647-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by (Licenciado?) Diego de Ayala (note in ink in left margin, 17th century?, f. 1r).; Formerly owned by antiquarian bookdealer and collector Alfonso Cassuto (Lisbon; bookplate and embossed stamp, f. 71r); possibly purchased in 1985 (pencil note, f. 1r).
- [Spain], 1572.
- Inquisition -- Spain -- Early works to 1800.; Jews -- Spain -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Testimonies.; Manuscripts, Spanish; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Ayala, Diego de,; Cassuto, Alfonso,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1648
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts