BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Physica ... [etc.]; [manuscript].
- Physica ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- Commentaries on Parts 2-4 (De principiis rerum materialium, De mundo adspectabili, De terra) of the Principia philosophiae of René Descartes, as well as a work by Descartes on meteors, all under the heading Physica, followed by medical treatises on Peruvian bark (used as a cure for fevers) and fevers more generally, and additional Cartesian writings considering motion, location, and infinity.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 212 leaves : paper, ill.; 182 x 126 (148 x 95) mm. bound to 197 x 145 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn802848320; (OCoLC)802848320; (PU)5803812-penndb-Voyager
- Sold by C. E. Rappaport, Rome (label inside upper cover), 1931.; Formerly owned by Harrison D. Horblit (Ridgefield, Conn.).; Appears in H. P. Kraus's cat. 155 (1980), no. 13, and Hellmut Schumann's cat. 542 (1984), no. 59.; Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 2.; Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- [Italy?, after 1696]
- Cinchona bark -- Therapeutic use -- Early works to 1800.; Fever -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Philosophy -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Commentaries.; Diagrams.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Latin; 17th century.; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Descartes, René,; Horblit, Harrison D.,; Stanitz, John D.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 171
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts