This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Sefer ha-Ḳanon] ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- [Sefer ha-Ḳanon] ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- Books 1-3 and the beginning of Book 4 of Avicenna's 11th-century comprehensive medical work, translated into Hebrew from Arabic. At the end of the volume is Maimonides's 12th-century treatise on poisons, a much shorter work, which is also lacking the end of the text and was also translated from Hebrew to Arabic, by Mosheh Ibn Tibon. Marginal notes in Hebrew, with at least one in Italian (f. 44v).
- 131 leaves : paper; 195 x 126 (126 x 95) mm. bound to 204 x 148 mm.
- Medicine; Medicine, Arab.; Medicine, Medieval.; Toxicology
- Call Number:
- LJS 311
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts