This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Ḥeshbon mahalkhot ha-kokhavim]; [manuscript].
- [Ḥeshbon mahalkhot ha-kokhavim] [manuscript].
- 15th-century copy of the second part of a 12th-century two-part treatise, on astronomy (the first part, not present in this manuscript, discussed geography). Includes computations for solar and lunar eclipses between 1135 and 1136. Numerous marginal notes were preserved when the manuscript was trimmed, leaving tabs that have been folded in.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 98 leaves : paper; 197 x 135 (161 x 85) mm., not including folded note tabs, bound to 205 x 147 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn819408410; (OCoLC)819408410; (PU)5860792-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Italian philologist, poet, and biblical exegete Samuel David Luzzatto.; Acquired by the Polish scholar and bibliophile S. J. Halberstam from the estate of Samuel David Luzzatto, ms. 110.; Sold as part of Halberstam's library to Judith Montefiore College (Ramsgate, England), after 1887, ms. 422 (label inside lower cover, Montefiore MS. 422).; Placed on deposit at Jews' College (London) as part of the Montefiore Endowment, 1899.; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (New York) as part of a collection of manuscripts from the Montefiore Endowment, 27 Oct. 2004, lot 307, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2015.
- [Spain?, 14--]
- Astronomy -- Early works to 1800.; Astronomy, Medieval.; Jewish astronomy -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Annotations.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Hebrew; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Luzzatto, Samuel David,; Halberstam, S. J.
- Call Number:
- LJS 472
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts