BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Mathurāsāmānyalakṣaṇā,; circa 1700-1850.
- Mathurāsāmānyalakṣaṇā, circa 1700-1850.
- Commentarial (ṭīkā) work possibly related to Nyāya school of philosophy and the work the Cintāmaṇi on the topic of inference, by the 13th-century author, Gaṅgeśa Upādhyāya. The title abbreviations in the upper left margin "cin." "ṭī." and "mathu." also suggest this interpretation. The Cintāmaṇi is divided into four sections, and this manuscript would represent the last section (pūrvakhaṇḍa) of that work. Contains a number of different internal, secondary works including the Pūrvapakṣarahasya and the Siddhāntalakṣaṇa. Manuscript lacks a beginning.
- 1 item (91 leaves) : paper; 11 x 31 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn800401152; (OCoLC)800401152; (PU)5794464-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Janārdanapanta Gāḍagila (f. 98r); likely the same owner as Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1559 and Item 2460; possibly the same as Janārdana Koṇḍadeva Gāḍagila, former owner of more than 20 other manuscripts in Ms. Coll. 390, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hindu philosophy.; Hindu logic.; Nyaya.; Inference.; Treatises.; Commentaries.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Gaṅgeśa,; Gāḍagila, Janārdanapanta Bhatu,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts