BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Raghuvaṃśa,; circa 1700-1850.
- Raghuvaṃśa, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript used for recitation or contemplation and is comprised of the complete set of 19 chapters (sargas) of the work. Draws heavily from Hindu mythology and pantheons and assumes some knowledge of the storyline of the Rāmāyaṇa and its main characters and gives a genealogical account of Rāma's dynastic background and lineage. Work is full of rich, poetic imagery of flora and fauna and references to courtly life and Hindu dharma.
- 1 item (90 leaves) : paper; 11 x 23 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn854876551; (OCoLC)854876551; (PU)5989109-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Miśra Cintāmaṇi (f. 90v).
- Hindu mythology.; Rāma (Hindu deity); Dharma.; Poems.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Miśra Cintāmaṇi,; Ṭhākur Data
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.