This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Le quistioni aritmetiche di Diofanto generalmente risolute; [manuscript].
- Le quistioni aritmetiche di Diofanto generalmente risolute [manuscript].
- Mathematical work with numbered problems and corollaries and numerous equations arranged in 7 sections (Preliminari, Libri I-VI), including solutions and commentary from Diophantus geometra promotus (Paris, 1660) by Jacques de Billy, a French Jesuit and mathematician. A table of contents of the problems and corollaries of each book, titled Sommari de' problemi al Diofanto, follows the work (f. 218v-239r).
- 240 leaves : paper; 290 x 204 mm. bound to 298 x 217 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155968607; (OCoLC)155968607; (CStRLIN)PAUR96-A42; (PU)1581182-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Prince Baldassare Boncompagni of Rome (no. 225, label on cover).; Sold by Perrella, 1904; originally held in the Krauth Library of Philosophy, University of Pennsylvania; later transferred to the Rare Book & Manuscript Library, University of Pennsylvania.
- [Italy, 17--]
- Mathematics -- Early works to 1800.; Geometry -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Manuscripts, Italian; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Billy, Jacques de,; Boncompagni, Baldassarre,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 408
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts