BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Bṛhannāradīyapurāṇa,; circa 1700-1850.
- Bṛhannāradīyapurāṇa, circa 1700-1850.
- Selection from the larger purāṇic work (adhyāya 31) dedicated to the Hindu deity Viṣṇu. Selection deals with the problem of sin (pāpa), its causes, as well as the means to remove it for the purpose of being liberated from the snares of the cycle of life and death (samsāra). The worship of Nārāyaṇa (a form of Viṣṇu) is presented as one means of liberation. Additional note at the end of manuscript in second hand, written in Marathi, indicating the former owner of the text (f. 18r)
- 1 item (18 leaves) : paper; 8 x 11 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn794177741; (OCoLC)794177741; (PU)5755571-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit and Marathi; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Janārdan Koṇḍadeva Gāṅgilayām (f. 18r).
- Vishnu (Hindu deity); Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity); Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Puja (Hinduism); Sin.; Poems.; Prayers.; Hymns.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts