BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Recipe book]; [manuscript].
- [Recipe book] [manuscript].
- Recipe book containing medical and cooking recipes. Recipes for cooking are written from front to back; medical recipes comprise the larger section and are written from back to front with book reversed. Contains a table of contents for each section. A number of recipes are attributed to named individuals. One leaf with recipe for "Artificial Asses Milk" is laid in after the cookery section
- 106 leaves : paper; 178 x 147 mm. bound to 180 x 150 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155972651; (OCoLC)155972651; (CStRLIN)PAUR97-A324; (PU)2363299-penndb-Voyager
- Gift of Esther Bradford Aresty, 1994.
- [England], 1705.
- Cooking, English -- Early works to 1800.; Traditional medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Cookbooks.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 624
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts