BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Maraṇavidhi, circa 1700-1850.
- 880-01 Maraṇavidhi, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is a kind of manual or handbook to be used by priests, which outlines the rules and regulations (religious law) for a variety of different rites connected with death and dying, including the death of a pregnant woman and rites prescribed for a widow wishing to burn herself alive on a funeral pyre (sahagamanavidhi).
- 1 item (3 leaves) : paper; 13 x 27 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu women.; Hindu funeral rites and ceremonies.; Rites and ceremonies; Hindu law.; Sati.; Widows (Hindu law)
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts