BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Final testament of Nicolas Flamel]; [manuscript].
- [Final testament of Nicolas Flamel] [manuscript].
- Copy of a French manuscript and an English translation purported to be the last will and testament of Nicolas Flamel originally written by him in 1414 (p. 1), but most likely composed in the 18th century. The introduction states that the manuscript from which it was copied was originally written backwards to make it more difficult to decipher (p. 1).
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 99 leaves : paper; 175 x 111 mm. bound to 174 x 112 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn919206389; (OCoLC)919206389; (PU)6293591-penndb-Voyager
- English and French.
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 623, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014.; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [England?, between 1750 and 1799]
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1706
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts