BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Topica ... [etc.]; [manuscript].
- Topica ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- A treatise on rhetorical theory written for C. Trebatius Testa in 44 B.C. Cicero's work is based on the work of the same name by Aristotle. Several pages (f. 3r-5v) of annotations have been added, which come from Boethius's In Ciceronis topica. The treatise is prefaced in this codex by a letter to Trebatius (which can be found in the collection of Cicero's letters as Ad familiares 7.19) explaining Cicero's reasons for writing and instructions for reading.
- 24 leaves : paper; 296 x 225 (150 x 87) mm. bound to 302 x 228 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn191849688; (OCoLC)191849688; (PU)4261005-penndb-Voyager
- Armorial bookplate with Florence skyline inside upper cover with motto, "Quo pulchrius lumine trino ex libris Petri Ginori Conti," artist's name P. Lessi and engraver's name Michelassi.; Collector's stamp on various pages with crown and letters "P. T."; Appears in Bernard M. Rosenthal's, cat. 15 (1964), no. 10; sold by Rosenthal in 1965.
- [Italy, between 1475 and 1499]
- Rhetoric, Ancient -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Annotations.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Latin; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Aristotle.; Boethius,; Cicero, Marcus Tullius,; Lessi, P.,; Michelassi,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1122
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts