BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Zeh Sefer Uklidus ha-Haham].
- [Zeh Sefer Uklidus ha-Haham].
- Hebrew translation of Euclid's Elements, probably in the 13th-century translation of Jacob ben Machir, comprising Books 1-13 of the Elements and the apocryphal Books 14-15, often attributed to Hypsicles. Marginal notes and occasional corrections added in Hebrew (through f. 61r); marginal notes in Italian on first page (f. 3r).
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Jonathan A. Hill Endowed Fund.; Purchased at Sotheby's New York 22 December 2015 auction.
- 186 leaves : paper; 310 x 225 (210 x 145) mm bound to 330 x 245 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn958328244; (PUVoyagerBIBID)6852052; (OCoLC)958328244; (PU)6852052-penndb-Voyager
- Hebrew, with marginal notes in Italian on the first page (f. 3r).
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's (New York), 22 December 2015, lot 13.
- [Italy], .
- Geometry -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Diagrams.; Manuscripts, Hebrew; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Ibn Tibbon, Jacob ben Machir,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1787
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts