BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Alakopākhyāna,; circa 1700-1850.
- Alakopākhyāna, circa 1700-1850.
- Selections from four different Purāṇic texts dealing with mythic themes such as the manifestation (prādurbhāva) of Bhairava, a terrible form of the Hindu deity Śiva; omens associated with death (Kāla) and how to avoid them; the importance of the city of Kāśī (Vāraṇāsī); rites for a yogin to perform to obtain knowledge, etc.
- Vārānasi (Uttar Pradesh, India)
- 1 item (15 leaves) : paper; 11 x 32 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn773694642; (OCoLC)773694642; (PU)5414529-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Siva (Hindu deity); Rites and ceremonies -- India.; Omens.; Hindu mythology.; Poems.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts