BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Śītalāstotra, 1857.
- 880-01 Śītalāstotra, 1857.
- Small manuscript for private use, recitation, and prayers dedicated to the worship (pūjā) of the Hindu goddess of smallpox and diseases Śītalā, who is described as riding atop a donkey. Text relates a mythic encounter between the goddess and the deity Śiva and his praise (stotra) of her. Narrated by the deity Skanda.
- 1 item (3 leaves) : paper; 12 x 15 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Hindu hymns, Sanskrit.; Diseases; Hindu goddesses.; Smallpox; Siva (Hindu deity); Hindu mythology.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts