BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Mahābhāṣya,; circa 1700-1850.
- Mahābhāṣya, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is divided into a root text, the Mahābhāṣya or "Great commentary," in the center of each folio and a secondary text, the Bhāṣyapradīpa, running parallel above and below it. The root text, by Patañjali is a grammatical commentary and philosophical treatise on the work of Pāṇini, while the secondary text is a grammatical and philosophical super-commentary on the former by Kaiyaṭa. Especially explores the relationship of words and meaning.
- 1 item (72 leaves) : paper; 18 x 34 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn823036757; (OCoLC)823036757; (PU)5874873-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu philosophy.; Meaning (Philosophy) -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.; Sanskrit language -- Grammar.; Commentaries.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.