BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Alchemical treatise]; [manuscript].
- [Alchemical treatise] [manuscript].
- Alchemical treatise concerning the creation of the philosopher's stone (p. 72) and on transmutation of metals such as gold, silver, lead, and mercury. Also includes a table of contents (p.169).
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 124 leaves : paper; 211 x 150 (172 x 110) mm. bound to 225 x 161 mm. + 16 notes.
- (OCoLC)ocn907935272; (OCoLC)907935272; (PU)6293531-penndb-Voyager
- Latin and Italian.
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 583, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [Italy, between 1750 and 1799]
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Latin; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1672
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts