This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Heures a lusaige de Ro[m]me :; tout au long sans rie[n]s requerir auec les figures de la vie de lho[m]me & la destructio[n] de hierusale[m].; Heures à l'usage de Rome
- Heures a lusaige de Ro[m]me : tout au long sans rie[n]s requerir auec les figures de la vie de lho[m]me & la destructio[n] de hierusale[m]. Heures à l'usage de Rome
- 1507 (ca.)
- Penn Libraries copy is variant with 3 full-page metal-cut illustrations without borders (St. John boiled in oil, the arrest of Christ in Gethsemane, and the Annunciation) and includes the "Vie de l'homme" border images.; Leaf size: 245 x 161 mm.; Rubrication: 2 illustrations, St. John boiled in oil (f. A8v) and the arrest of Christ in Gethsemane (f. B3v), fully illuminated with gold highlights; 1 illustration, the Annunciation (f. C1r), partly illuminated (halos gilt); 1 4-line inhabited initial in pale violet and white on gold (f. N8v); some 3-line initials, most grey and white on gold with red accents, a few gold on blue with red and white accents; 1- and 2-line initials, paragraph marks, and line-fillers in gold on red, blue, or brown throughout; capital strokes in yellow; text area ruled in red.; Penn Libraries copy has ms. shelf mark on front pastedown; modern ms. foliation in pencil in head outer corner of leaves.; Binding: "Sixteenth-century dark blue velvet over [blind-stamped leather over] wooden boards, remains of two later fore-edge clasps, edges gilt (title very slightly soiled, velvet of binding rubbed, with small hole in upper cover, pile worn from spine, cloth worn away over  raised bands; lacking lower headcap, preserved in morocco-backed folding case."--Les Enluminures.; Penn Libraries copy has a few small wormholes at head and tail outer corners of front pastedown; signature mark on f. C3r effaced; a few signature marks partially uninked.; Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
-  leaves : ill.; 26 cm. (4to)
- (OCoLC)ocn435879098; (OCoLC)435879098; 4519185; (PU)4519185-penndb-Voyager
- Latin and French.
- Ont este nouuelleme[n]t imprimees a Paris : Par Guillaume Anabat imprimeur ... pour Gillet Hardouyn libraire ... et pour Germain Hardouyn libraire ..., [ca. 1507]
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/4495986; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017.12/366278
- Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Specimens.; PU; Codices.; Books of hours.; Devotional calendars.; Illuminations.; Metal cuts.; Woodcuts (prints); Hybrid books.; Printer's devices (Publishing); France; Paris; 16th century.; Velvet bindings (Binding); Wooden boards (Binding)
- Personal Name:
- Pichore, Jean,; Anabat, Guillaume,; Hardouyn, Gilles,; Hardouyn, Germain,; Lothian, Philip Henry Kerr,; Collins, Mary S.,
- Corporate Name:
- Catholic Church.
- Geographic Subject:
- France -- Paris.
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1531