BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Phisica; [manuscript] /; a dona[ta] dom. Petro Ricaud d[omi]nae ae[ter]nae sacrae theologiae doctore, uno e Societate scientiarum, necnon ecclesiae Moissacensis rectore, tradita anno d[omi]ni 1739. ad usum Bernardi Vaillé.
- Phisica [manuscript] / a dona[ta] dom. Petro Ricaud d[omi]nae ae[ter]nae sacrae theologiae doctore, uno e Societate scientiarum, necnon ecclesiae Moissacensis rectore, tradita anno d[omi]ni 1739. ad usum Bernardi Vaillé.
- Lecture notes, divided in three sections, Phisica, Metaphisica, and Moralis, illustrated with 9 engraved plates. The professor, Pierre Ricaud, was possibly a member of the Société des sciences of Toulouse where two of the plates, engraved by Baour, were printed. The volume is a gift to his student Bernard Vaillé. The first section, titled Phisica particularis (p. 1) describes the earth, cosmography, the elements, and human physiology; the second section, metaphysics and theology; and the third section, ethics. Each section is preceded by a plate depicting an allegorical female figure, each ends with an index, and each is paginated separately.
- 153 leaves : paper, ill.; 169 x 116 (136 x 90) mm. bound to 176 x 127 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn209905513; (OCoLC)209905513; (CStRLIN)PAUR98-A6502; (PU)2487394-penndb-Voyager
- Sold by Roger Gaskell (London), 1998.
- [Toulouse?], 1739.
- Physics -- Early works to 1800.; Theology -- Early works to 1800.; Ethics -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Lecture notes.; Manuscripts, Latin; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Baour,; Bonnart, Henri,; Choueau, F.,; Vaillé, Bernard.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 647
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts