BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Meḳitse nirdamim]; [manuscript].
- [Meḳitse nirdamim] [manuscript].
- Collection of prescriptions from the 14th-century physician Meir ben Solomon Alguadez and one of his students, originally written in Spanish, in the Hebrew translation of Joseph ha-Kohen completed in 1546, also with Latin translations.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 109 leaves : paper; 212 x 146 (131 x 80) mm. bound to 220 x 167 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn828029529; (OCoLC)828029529; (PU)5905810-penndb-Voyager
- Hebrew and Latin.
- Early ownership inscriptions: Abraham Nizza and Judah Trabot of Nizza (Nice, f. 1r); Israel Jeremiah, Kislev 5369 (1608-1609, f. 8r); brother of David Jona (f. 2r).; Sold at auction as part of Raphael Nathan Nata Rabbinovicz's collection, Munich, March 1882, lot 36.; Formerly owned by Polish scholar and bibliophile S. J. Halberstam (ms. 407, Montefiore label inside upper cover).; Sold as part of Halberstam's library to Judith Montefiore College (Ramsgate, England), after 1887, ms. 444 (label inside upper cover, Montefiore MS. 444; stamps, f. 8r, 105v).; Placed on deposit at Jews' College (London) as part of the Montefiore Endowment, 1899.; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (New York) as part of a collection of manuscripts from the Montefiore Endowment, 27 Oct. 2004, lot 329, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- [Italy, after 1546]
- Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Prescriptions.; Translations.; Manuscripts, Hebrew; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Latin; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Joseph,; Rabbinovicz, Raphael Nathan Nata,; Halberstam, S. J.
- Call Number:
- LJS 468
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts