BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Śivarātrikathodyāpanapūjā,; circa 1700-1850.
- Śivarātrikathodyāpanapūjā, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript to be used for private or public consultation, recitation, and prayer; it was taken from a larger work, most likely a compendium of a variety of purāṇic and other sources and organized according to related themes such as festivals, observances (vratas), pūjās (rites of worshiping deities), and mythic origins of these rites. Text deals with the festival called Śiva's Night (śivarātri) and is dedicated to the worship of the Hindu deity Śiva and the rites, especially fasting, associated with the festival. Presented as a dialogue between the deities Śiva and Pārvatī.
- 1 item (22 leaves) : paper; 11 x 22 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn812170897; (OCoLC)812170897; (PU)5837500-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Māhādevabhaṭṭa and Gaṇeśabhaṭṭa based on the colophon of related manuscript Item 1459 (f. 4); one of whom may also have been the scribe of this manuscript.
- Vratas.; Siva (Hindu deity); Puja (Hinduism); Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Rites and ceremonies -- India.; Fasting -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.; Manuals (instructional materials); Prayers.; Dialogues.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Māhādevabhaṭṭa,; Gaṇeśabhaṭṭa,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.