This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Kitāb al-Bayān wa al-tidhkār fī sanʻat ʻamal al-ghubār]; [manuscript].; Bayān wa al-tidhkār fī sanʻat ʻamal al-ghubār
- [Kitāb al-Bayān wa al-tidhkār fī sanʻat ʻamal al-ghubār] [manuscript]. Bayān wa al-tidhkār fī sanʻat ʻamal al-ghubār
- Near-contemporary copy of the first volume of the Book of demonstration and recollection in the art of dust-board reckoning, a 12th-century treatise on arithmetic and algebra, with some marginal notes.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 86 leaves : paper; 232 x 165 (164 x 114) mm. bound to 234 x 175 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn779966852; (OCoLC)779966852; (PU)4819340-penndb-Voyager
- Copied by Muḥammad ibn Abd Allāh ibn al-Mujill al-Baghdādī at Madrasah al-Niẓāmīyah in Baghdad, completed A.H. Safar 590 (Jan.-Feb. 1194, f. 86r); ownership inscriptions (f. 1r).; Formerly owned by Naṣīr al-Dīn Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ṭūsī, 13th century (Mehmet Arikan).; Formerly owned by Alī ibn Taghlib al-Sāʻāti al-Baghdādī, 13th century (Mehmet Arikan).̄; Sold at auction at Christie's, 20 Apr. 1999, lot 320, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.; Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- [Baghdad], A.H. 590 (1194)
- Algebra -- Early works to 1800.; Arithmetic -- Early works to 1900.; Mathematics, Arab -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Arabic; 12th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Personal Name:
- Ṭūsī, Naṣīr al-Dīn Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad,; Sāʻāti, Alī ibn Taghlib,; Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 293
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts