This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Fragments from Books III-V of Qānūn fī al-ṭibb] [manuscript].
- [Fragments from Books III-V of Qānūn fī al-ṭibb] [manuscript].
- Sections from Books III (al-Amrāḍ al-juzʼīyah, diseases arranged by part of the body), IV (al-Amrāḍ al latī la takhaṣ bi-ʻuḍwīn bi-ʻaynih, diseases not specific to particular organs), and V (al-Adwiyah al-murakkabah, compound drugs, ointments, and electuaries) of Avicenna's medical encyclopedia. Many marginal notes trimmed; some later marginal notes run from the manuscript leaves onto their modern paper frames.
- 71 leaves : paper; 249 x 160 mm., mounted on modern paper 323 x 198 mm.
- Medicine; Medicine, Arab.; Medicine, Medieval.
- Call Number:
- LJS 322
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts