BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Certein spirituall emblems or shorte saiengs, w[i]ith their expositions for some of them. But for others of them, ye soule will better knowe of hersellf, how to understande and make ye best use of them ....; [manuscript].
- Certein spirituall emblems or shorte saiengs, w[i]ith their expositions for some of them. But for others of them, ye soule will better knowe of hersellf, how to understande and make ye best use of them .... [manuscript].
- Collection of sayings, etc., many of which are from the Bible. Throughout the manuscript, Latin quotations are followed by short English renderings and expositions. Epigraph (f. 1r): Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur. Colophon (f. 119v): This Booke hath bene corrected by ye orreggenall, worde for worde.
- 120 leaves : paper; 158 x 104 (132 x 74) mm. bound to 162 x 111 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155962852; (OCoLC)155962852; (CStRLIN)PAUR94-A355; (PU)1580600-penndb-Voyager
- English, with quotations in Latin.
- Formerly owned by J.R.P. Forrest of Edinburgh (bookplate, inside upper cover); description in English from unidentified dealer's catalog (pasted inside upper cover).; Gift of Albert Croll Baugh, 1965.
- [England, ca. 1700]
- Epigrams.; Proverbs, Latin.; Codices.; Anthologies.; Manuscripts, English; 17th century.; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Baugh, Albert C.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 240
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts