BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Kirātārjunīya,; circa 1700-1850.
- Kirātārjunīya, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is an adaptation of a well known Hindu story originally derived from the Mahābhārata about an encounter between the epic hero Arjuna and the deity Śiva in his form as the Hunter or Mountain Man called Kirāta. Manuscript contains only the first three and the fifth of a total 18 sections (sarga) of the poem. Manuscript has a commentary by Mallinātha that runs parallel, above and below the main text by Bhāravi.
- 1 item (67 leaves) : paper; 13 x 32 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn844236138; (OCoLC)844236138; (PU)5955562-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu mythology.; Siva (Hindu deity); Arjuna (Hindu mythology); Poems.; Commentaries.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.