BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- [Recipe book].
- Collection of recipes for desserts, meats, preserves, "soops," and condiments, including Indian-influenced dishes such as curry and pickles. Some recipes are attributed, and Paxton, Baker, Ward, Pridham, Simeon, and Sayer are surnames that appear repeatedly. Included among the recipes are a few preparations for household tasks such as marking linen and making a red dye. Beginning upside down from the end is a collection of medical preparations. A few recipes written on scraps of paper and one printed recipe ("For Strains and Bruises") are laid in.
- 88 leaves : paper; 228 x 185 mm. bound to 230 x 190.
- (OCoLC)ocn155930703; (OCoLC)155930703; (CStRLIN)PAUR06-B3; (PU)3947224-penndb-Voyager
- Purchased, 2005.
- [England], [between 1765 and 1830]
- Cookery, English -- Early works to 1800.; Traditional medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions.; Codices.; Cookbooks.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1038
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts