BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Monocordium]; [manuscript].; De monocordio et de atramento
- [Monocordium] [manuscript]. De monocordio et de atramento
- Collection of works, including a treatise on music theory focusing on tonality as illustrated by the Pythagorean monochord and philosophers like Aristotle, Nicomachus, and Boethius; recipes and instructions for making various types of ink, stain removers, toothache remedies; a love poem in a later hand; two recipes in Italian.
- 16 leaves : paper; 208 x 148 (170 x 100) mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn181368380; (OCoLC)181368380; (PU)4227956-penndb-Voyager
- Latin, with two recipes in Italian.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal (New York), 1964.
- [Italy, ca. 1450]
- Pythagoras and Pythagorean school -- Early works to 1800.; Monochord -- Early works to 1800.; Music theory -- Early works to 1800.; Ink.; Pigments -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Poems.; Recipes.; Treatises.; Manuals (instructional materials); Manuscripts, Latin; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Aristotle.; Boethius,; Nicomachus,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 922
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts