BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Principles and practice of judicial astrology; [manuscript].
- Principles and practice of judicial astrology [manuscript].
- Incomplete work on judicial astrology that includes a preface by Charles Rainsford. The first part contains several chapters that give a general introduction to the topic including types of astrology (p. 4) and the causes of false predictions (p. 20). The second section is devoted to discussion of the signs of the zodiac, but only includes Aries and then ends in the section discussing Taurus.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 186 leaves : paper; 307 x 195 (278 x 162) mm. bound to 314 x 202 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn913835887; (OCoLC)913835887; (PU)6293573-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 601, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- Gibraltar, 1795.
- Astrology -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Diagrams.; Drawings.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1689
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts