BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Partitur, between 1860 and 1899.
- Partitur, between 1860 and 1899.
- between 1860 and 1899
- Collection of over 20 choral pieces for a synagogue choir. The pieces at the beginning of the manuscript (p. 1-46) are marked in parts for soloists and chorus; in the rest of the manuscript parts are also marked for the cantor. The Hebrew lyrics are transliterated for pronunciation by German readers, who might have been in Germany or in the United States. A small number of pieces have attributions, to Naumburg (Louis Naumburg, 1813-1902, p. 1, 115), Abrass (Osias Joshua Abrass, 1820-1884, p. 11), Madame Handvogel (Virginie Handvogel?, p. 73), Blumenthal (Nissan Blumenthal?, 1805-1903, p. 78), and Chalaff (p. 108), Many of the pieces are for weekly services; a smaller number are for holidays. Some leaves show evidence of trimming (for example, p. 133)
- 1 volume (110 leaves)
- Hebrew; German; Italian; French
- Judaism -- Liturgy -- Texts; Synagogue music
- Call Number:
- MS 56, Codex 032.1
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)