This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Māṇḍūkyopaniṣadbhāṣyaṭīkā,; circa 1700-1850.
- Māṇḍūkyopaniṣadbhāṣyaṭīkā, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise and commentary (ṭīkā) on Śaṅkarācārya's Māṇḍūkyopaniṣadbhāṣya, itself a commentary (bhāṣya) on Gauḍapādācārya's Āgamaśāstra (also known as Gauḍapādakārikā), one of the foundational works of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy.
- 1 item (83 leaves) : paper; 12 x 31 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn895783037; (OCoLC)895783037; (PU)6302410-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Janārdana Koṇḍadeva (f. 39v). This owner is from the village of Gāḍagī (or Gāḍgīlāya) possibly in present day Jarakhand, India (f. 82v), and is written by the same scribe as Item 845, Item 931, Item 932, Item 934, and Item 2387.
- Advaita.; Vedanta.; Hindu philosophy.; Philosophy, Indic.; Commentaries.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Śaṅkarācārya.; Gauḍapāda Ācārya.; Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts