BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Chemical characters from several authors; [manuscript].
- Chemical characters from several authors [manuscript].
- Copies of lists of chemical nomenclature and symbols including an unidentified text in Latin and followed by lists attributed to the alleged 15th-century alchemist Basilius Valentinus and the 18th-century chemist Hieronymus von Ludolf. Later additions to the manuscript include Antoine Lavoisier's definitive work on the standardization of chemical nomenclature in which he introduces the concept of elements and compounds (1787) and Jean-Henri Hassenfratz and Pierre-Auguste Adet's subsequent publication of standardized symbols corresponding to Lavoisier's new nomenclature (1799). Includes an alphabetical index for p. 1-52 (index, p. 22-34).
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 125 leaves : paper; 185 x 123 mm. bound to 189 x 125 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn898044187; (OCoLC)898044187; (PU)6293446-penndb-Voyager
- English, with definitions and terms in Latin and a single word in Greek.
- [England], [1769-1809]
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Chemistry -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Lists.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Adet, Pierre-Auguste,; Basilius Valentinus; Berthollet, Claude-Louis,; Fourcroy, Antoine-François de,; Hassenfratz, J. H.; Jackson, William; Lavoisier, Antoine Laurent,; Lettsom, John Coakley,; Ludolf, Hieronymus von,; Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1662