BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Pharmacist's receipt books]; [manuscript].
- [Pharmacist's receipt books] [manuscript].
- Two volumes of recipes for elixirs, tinctures, pills, syrups, purgatives, and potions. At the beginning of the first volume is a table of pharmaceutical symbols (pp. 1-5). At the end of the second volume (8pp. following p. 105) is a record of accounts for the years 1803-1805, documenting sales to a convent.
- 2 v. (93, 57 leaves) : paper; 331 x 209 mm. and 323 x 194 mm. both bound to 332 x 212 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155927495; (OCoLC)155927495; (CStRLIN)PAUR05-B10030; (PU)3770172-penndb-Voyager
- Ingredients in Latin, instructions in German.
- Purchased from Pickering & Chatto, 2004.
- [Germany, between 1750 and 1806]
- Chemistry -- History.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Pharmacology -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Accounts.; Formularies.; Prescriptions.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, German; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1003
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts