BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
The taming of the shrew, or, Catherine and Petruchio :; a comedy, altered from Shakespeare /; by David Garrick, Esq.; marked with the variations in the manager's book at the Theatre-Royal in Covent-Garden.; Taming of the shrew; Catherine and Petruchio
- The taming of the shrew, or, Catherine and Petruchio : a comedy, altered from Shakespeare / by David Garrick, Esq.; marked with the variations in the manager's book at the Theatre-Royal in Covent-Garden. Taming of the shrew Catherine and Petruchio
- Furness Library copy is John Philip Kemble's interleaved promptbook, with his stage directions, notes, cuts, and additions throughout. On the front free endpaper is a ms. inscription by Horace Howard Furness, which reads: "The acting copy, with the ms. directions, of Mr. John Philip Kemble. Given to me by Mrs. F.A. Kemble. Horace Howard Furness. 21 April 1874."
- 34,  p.; 19 cm. (12mo)
- (OCoLC)ocn122343680; (OCoLC)122343680; (CStRLIN)rla00005030; 1523511; (PU)1523511-penndb-Voyager
- London : Printed for C. Bathurst, J.F. & C. Rivington, L. Davis, W. Owen & Son, B. White & Son, T. Longman, B. Law, C. Dilly, T. Payne & Son, J. Nichols, T. Cadell, J. Robson, G.G.J. & J. Robinson, T. Bowles, R. Baldwin, H.L. Gardner, J. Bew, W. Cater, J. Murray, W. Stuart, S. Hayes, W. Lowndes, S. Bladon, G. & T. Wilkie, W. Fox, Scatcherd & Whitaker, E. Newberry, J. Barker, T. & J. Egerton, and D. Ogilvy, MDCCLXXXVI. 
- PU; Annotations (Provenance); England; London; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Shakespeare, William,
- Geographic Subject:
- England -- London.
- Call Number:
- PR3467 .C38 1786
- Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)