This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Glen Park Hotel register,; 1878-1883.
- Glen Park Hotel register, 1878-1883.
- An oversize volume with pre-printed pages comprising the register for the Glen Park Hotel in Watkins Glen, New York. The register spans the years from 1878 to 1883. Guests staying at the hotel included many Jewish families. Each year a musical ensemble or band would stay at the hotel such as the Wellsville Cornet Band in 1878 and the Germania Band in 1881. The Foster School of Clifton Springs, N.Y. also stayed at the hotel a few summers. Guests arrived at Glen Park Hotel from across the United States including states surrounding New York, the Midwest, and from as far as California, Colorado, Louisiana, and Texas. Guests also traveled from Canada, Europe, and South America. Each page in the volume is pre-printed with the heading: Glen Park Hotel, Watkins, N.Y., C. S. Frost, prop'r. Columns with headings room, time, name, residence, and remarks were printed on each page. Some handwritten remarks appear in pencil throughout the register to indicate extra costs for boats, carriages, horses, telegrams, trunks, and wash. The signature of George W. Frost, son of Charles S. Frost, appears on the inside covers and in the volume. One guest's name has been excised from the volume on July 1, 1880. Several pages in the volume are detached and some are torn at the bottom edge.
- 1 volume.
- (OCoLC)on1111528228; (OCoLC)1111528228
- Hotels -- New York (State) -- Watkins Glen -- 19th century -- Registers.; Jews -- Guest books -- Watkins Glen, N.Y. -- 19th century.; Health resorts -- New York (State) -- Watkins Glen -- 19th century.; Codices (bound manuscripts); Registers (Lists); Visitors' books.; Notebooks.; Blank forms.; Forms (documents); Manuscripts, American; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Frost, Charles Sherwood,; Frost, George W.,; Kaplan, Arnold,; Kaplan, Deanne,
- Corporate Name:
- Glen Park Hotel (Watkins Glen, N.Y.)
- Call Number:
- MS 56, Codex 028.1
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)