BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large),; between 1275 and 1299.
- Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large), between 1275 and 1299.
- Bifolium from a copy of the Decretales, the compilation of canon law made by Raymond of Peñafort by order of Pope Gregory IX, with gloss by Bernardo Bottoni, damaged from use in a binding. The text on the two leaves is not consecutive but is all from Book 5 (De actionibus et inquisitionibus et denunciatoribus), which concerns criminal procedure. Written in Italy in the last quarter of the 13th century. The main text is written in 2 columns of 43 lines, surrounded by the gloss written in 2 columns of up to 78 lines. 2 4-line and numerous 2-line initials in red; a few 2-line initials in very faded blue with red flourishing; one example of rubrication in red.
- 1 item (1 bifolium) : parchment; each leaf 338 x 225 (305 x 190) mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn807999349; (OCoLC)807999349; (PU)5814674-penndb-Voyager
- In Latin.
- Canon law -- Early works to 1800.; Fragments.; Commentaries.; Decretals.; Glosses (annotations); Manuscripts, Latin; 13th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Personal Name:
- Raymond,; Bottoni, Bernardo,
- Corporate Name:
- Catholic Church.
- Call Number:
- Misc Mss (Large) Box 1 Folder 16