BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Dānavidhi,; circa 1700-1850.
- Dānavidhi, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is a compendium or manual for use by Hindus wishing to give different kinds of gifts (dāna) and quotes passages from various purāṇic works, especially the Skandapurāṇa, but also selections from the Liṅgapurāṇa, Bhaviṣyapurāṇa, Matsyapurāṇa, and Kūrmapurāṇa, as well as a selection from the Mahābhārata. The manuscript gives the rules (religious law) governing such gifts as the gift of a wife, "gifts" to the recently deceased, gift of a cow, and other gifts. Text also includes a section on mantras for use in worship (pūjā).
- 1 item (16 leaves) : paper; 10 x 23 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn819546328; (OCoLC)819546328; (PU)5861730-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Cows -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.; Gifts -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.; Married women -- India.; Puja (Hinduism); Hindu law.; Manuals (instructional materials); Prayers.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts