BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Questiones logicales ... [etc.]; [manuscript].
- Questiones logicales ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- Collection of Aristotelian works and other philosophical works, including works on logic; short tracts (some incomplete) on Aristotle's Categories, De interpretatione, and Posterior analytics; and several works on Aristotle's Physics (including commentaries by Antonius Carpentier on both the Physics and the introduction to the Physics by Jacques Lefèvre d'Etaples published in 1492), this last group (f. 148v-206r) being more decorated than the rest of the manuscript. The beginning of the Reportata in Logicam Aristotelis has a marginal commentary (f. 22r-29v); in the rest of the manuscript, headings and notes are written in the margins.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 206 leaves : paper, col. ill.; 270 x 200 (204 x 115) mm. bound to 280 x 215 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn786049207; (OCoLC)786049207; (PU)4817502-penndb-Voyager
- Owned and probably written by Theodoricus Ungelter (f. 153r).; Gift of Johannes Wesbach of Ulm to Carthusian monastery at Buxheim (inscriptions inside upper cover; Wesbach served as a judge in Ulm from 1499 to 1507); then in the library at Buxheim (Cartusianorum Aulae B. V. Mariae in Buxheim, f. 1r; number CXCIX added to label on upper cover).; Appears in a catalog of J. Halle Antiquariat (Munich).; Sold by Jacques Rosenthal (Munich), 1928.; Sold by Les Enluminures (Paris and Chicago) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, 1997.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- [Bavaria, ca. 1510]
- Logic -- Early works to 1800.; Physics -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Annotations.; Commentaries.; Diagrams.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Latin; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Aristotle.; Aristotle; Dulaert, Johannes.; Lefèvre d'Étaples, Jacques,; Ungelter, Theodoricus,; Carpentier, Antonius.
- Call Number:
- LJS 223
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts